Thank you to the following, who contributed their ideas, extensive expertise, and resources to this guide.
From the communities:
- Atlanta: Stephen Alford, Executive Director of Communications; Angela King Smith, Director of Strategic Programs and Projects; Marlene Parker, Project Facilitator
- Denver: Jennifer Stern, Executive Director, Talent Management & Strategic Programs; Danielle Ongart, Leading Effective Academic Practice/Measures of Effective Teaching Project Manager; Amy Skinner, Senior Manager, Talent Management Communications
- Hillsborough County (FL): MaryEllen Elia, Superintendent; Stephen Hegarty, Communications Officer; Tracye Brown, Director of Communications for Empowering Effective Teachers; Melissa Erickson, Immediate Past President of Hillsborough PTA-PTSA County Council
- Memphis: Diane Terrell, Strategy Lead, Memphis City Schools Foundation; Staci Franklin, Executive Director, Communications/Marketing/Community Engagement; Jeff Kirsch, Vice President, Council for a Strong America
- Pittsburgh: Susan Chersky, Communications Coordinator; Emily Galbreth, Strategic Communications Coordinator; Ebony Pugh, Public Relations Coordinator; Lisa Fischetti, Chief of Staff; Carey Harris, Executive Director, A+ Schools
- Prince George’s County (MD): Briant Coleman, Communications Director; Tiffany Doster, Grade 5 Teacher, Barack Obama Elementary School, and 2010–11 Prince George’s County Teacher of the Year; Theresa Jones, Project Manager, Office of Employee Performance; Deborah Sullivan, Director, Office of Employee Performance
- Tulsa: Christopher Payne, Director of Public Information
- The College-Ready Promise (CA): Chris Bertelli, Executive Director; Erin Abshere; Julia Fisher, Teacher Effectiveness Lead, Green Dot; James Gallagher, Director of Instructional Effectiveness & Growth, Aspire
We also benefited from the insights and tools from the professionals at the Brunswick Group, Communities for Teaching Excellence, GMMB, and The Winston Group.
Adam Kernan-Schloss and his team at KSA-Plus Communications researched, wrote, designed, and compiled this guide.
The Council of the Great City Schools is generously hosting this guide on its website and making it widely available to the field.